Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Next Few Days

July 16th 2012
Day 3

Hey Everyone,
  How are you? We are all fine... just very exhausted! My ankle is really bad.  So I said I would tell you about the people when I got to know them better.  The youngest (other than the baby) is 13 but she looks like she could be around 20. Her name is Melissa.  All the girls have low voices and the boys have kinda nasally voices. They don't really have accents.  Then there is a guy who I think is Nathan's age. He is the one that I talked to the most.  His name is Jeremy I think, I can't remember tho. I think there are 14 of them + a baby.  She is so cute! Her name is Alaya.  So today we went Down River to what they call Hidden Falls, We had to take a boat to where the car was, then take the car to where some canoes where and take the canoes to the trail. Because if you just went down the river you would go over a dam.  A HUGE dam!!! I really hate dams! (like I said b4)  Anyway we had to "re" mark the trail and "re" cut it. All the way up to the waterfall. It was very hard work. We had to climb rocks and stuff , and go straight up hills and then straight down hills.  Which believe me is NOT EASY! You might think that going up is harder than going down... but it's not!!  But it was so pretty!!! Then we walked back to the canoes and ate lunch. Then did the same thing to an other trail. That trail was longer than the first. The 1st one was 1/2 a mile and the 2nd one was 1 mile.  So yeah pretty exhausting!  THEN we had to canoe, drive and boat back to camp.When we got back we went swimming. It felt so good after a long day of being hot,sweaty,dirty and tired... But believe me I am not complaining, I had a wonderful day! Then we played Forest Golf. Then later we played Volley Ball and Ultimate with the group. But I got Heat Exhaustion. So I went to bed read and wrote this to you. I miss you guys. I love it here though. Anyway I am not feeling the best... So I gotta go.
Love,
Carrie

Let Everything That Has Breath Praise The Lord

~~~
July 17th 2012
Day 4

Hello,
  I'm very tired, But much better than last night!  This morning I was still feeling not-so-great, Like a little dizzy and my sprained ankle was very painful. But we ate and then the group left to go Up River for today and tomorrow. We went and cleared more trails. This time it was a 3 mile loop! By a place called Sanford Sight. So we cleared the SS trail. When we got back we went swimming with Stef and Alaya ( the Mom and Baby from the group... they did not go Up River )  Then we ate supper. MUCH more quite then when the group is there. Then we just hung out the rest of the day. That's really it. Tomorrow is gonna be an easier day!
Carrie


~~~
July 18th 2012
Day 5

Ok so today the 18th ( I think) we did a bunch of stuff around camp, no clearing trails! yay!  But tomorrow we might be back at it =(  Oh well that's what we're here for =D Today I did a lot of dishes.  But it was fun because I got to know Megan and Kris (A.K.A. Mrs. Tice) It was very fun!  I'm gonna  come back to help cook/bake and do dishes when we go Up River next week.  Kris wants me to come up next year for a few weeks and work in the Kitchen, like come up with Nathan and he do other stuff.  We were playing Ultimate with the group ( when they got back from Up River) And I totally ran into their leader John (the Dad of Alaya) and knocked him over and he hit his head on some wood/metal!  I felt really bad!  He said it felt like he ran into a linebacker! I must have hit him hard! I felt/feel horrible.
Ok I'm tired and I need my sleep.

Love,
Carrie


~~~
July 19th 2012
Day 6

Hello,
 How's everything down in North America?  Lol.  Today was very sad because we had to say good-bye to the group :(  But we did a lot with them this morning, we played Round Robin, Mafia and other stuff.  And now we are Up River until Saturday.  Saturday is when the group leaves, they leave in the morning and we come back in the afternoon.  It's sad because Alaya was like a niece to me!  And D'Andre was very funny today cuz I caught the frisbee last night to win Ultimate =D  Oh my I'm gonna miss them!  This is gonna be a short one.  I miss you all!
love,
Carrie



~~~
July 20th 2012
Day 7

Hey,
 I'm bored.  I wish we were back at Base Camp doing stuff with the group :( I miss them!  This afternoon won't be too bad I don't think unless I have to pull weeds. I'm allergic to weeds. AND I just hate doing it. But we are going to go the Golden Stair Case after lunch! And we don't have to do anything... So we can just enjoy ourselves!! I hope we can go fishing again tonight. (a little later)  Ugh I did pull weeds! (much later)  So after lunch we went to the Golden Stair Case! It was so pretty! We were there from like 12:30pm to 5:30pm. A long time! It was very hot and stuff.  We fished, swam, hiked, fished, swam, fished and hiked.  It was very nice swimming temp.  And I caught 4 or 5 fish! YAY I love fishing!! I am rather satisfied with the day. But I'm missing a bunch of people right now. I want to fish more! Lol. Then we were gonna have a camp fire...Because the fire ban was off!!! and eat popcorn yum yum! :) I'll write the names of the group just to see if  I remember them.  Alaya, Stef, John, Jeremy, D'Andre, Coab, Joe, Josiah (aka Caterpillar :P) Brandy, Melissa, Kyle, Sarah and Suzie.  The summer staff are Steve, Kris, Dylan, Wesley (aka Wes) and Megan.  I am very tired, so I shall write no more. Maybe...
Carrie Duke

P.S. We were so slap happy tonight! WOW! We were playing the Name Game! It was very fun! Ok goodnight!


So there is the next 5 days!  I was VERY over tired when I wrote these... So they are kinda weird and random!!! Especially day 7! Oh and I found the other ones!!!!! YAY PTL! That would have been really bad! I hope you have enjoyed them! 
~Bonk :P


No comments:

Post a Comment