Thursday, July 12, 2012

Duke Open

Hi!
This last weekend we had our 5th annual Duke Open golf tournament. It actually started about 25 years ago. My grandma and grandpa started doing it in Niagara where they live. But they were getting to old to keep it going. So my Dad and his brother each started one where they live. So that is kinda the history of it. This year we had 31 golfer play! :) It was very fun and hot! The winning team was my cousin Collin, my Uncle Dave, my mom and I. Last year my Uncle Dave was on my team too and we won that year too!! So that was very cool! :) I wish there were pictures... But no one had a camera with them :( Oh well. Also that day my brother proposed to his girlfriend!!!! I am sooo happy for them!!! :) After the golfing we all came back to our house for food, prizes , a lot of volley-ball (the best part...I think anyway! =D) and other fun stuff! It was a VERY fun day!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Carrie! I love your blog! I saw it before when you emailed it to me but it never showed the post's till now, so I just read them. Congrats on having a new niece! there really fun!!!I heard about Lydia and Joel, so exciting (more nieces and nephews to come??) lol congrats again!! ♥Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so Amanda is going to have a girl? I never heard that. And yes I am excited for Joel and Lydia too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so fun! I would love to go next year but i wouldn't golf. :) lol

    ReplyDelete